Aromatherapy On The Go
Posted by Trevida Staff - October 31, 2016
Essential oils have been in use for centuries. And given their versatility, it’s no wonder.
Many thousands of years ago, primitive perfumery began with the burning of various plant materials as incense and the use of oils by priests and shamans for ceremonies and embalmings. We’ve come a long way.
Modern aromatherapy still makes use of many of the traditional plants, herbs, flowers, and oils of our ancestors but backs the practices up with the science of olfaction. Yes, some of the benefits of aroma-treatments have actually been proved, and for many people across many studies, there’s often a noticeable improvement in mood and stress-reduction.
But your typical aromatherapy diffuser only allows you to utilize this treatment when you’re staying in one area. What about when you’re on the go — when life is most hectic and some mood-soothing is most needed? That’s where the essential oil diffuser necklace comes in.
This beautifully designed diffuser for essential oils consists of a locket and felt pad which can be soaked in a variety of essential oils. Fragrances are gently diffused right under your nose so that you can reap the benefits of aromatherapy mood improvement at any time, anywhere.
The locket is refillable, with a vented front and solid back so that your clothes and skin are protected from the oils (not that they’re harmful — you just don’t want to be all oily).
The locket is responsibly crafted from safe, hypoallergenic stainless steel and a silver plating. Many users of essential oils who appreciate the widespread benefits and pleasant aroma — myself included — have resorted to the practice of dabbing oils directly on the skin to take the effects of aromatherapy on the road. But there are inherent problems, here, the greatest of which being that the oil — and with it the aroma — quickly rubs off or is absorbed. This portable necklace, however, allows the aromas to be diffused constantly throughout the day. It also protects your clothing and skin from staining, as can be the result of certain oils, especially those diluted with jojoba oil.
Some Essential Oil Ideas for Your New Jewelry
Not sure where to get started? Here are some of the most popular essential oils and some of their associated benefits. To get going, be sure to check out our organic 8-oil sample set, which includes Lavender, Sweet Orange, Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Peppermint, Rosemary and Oregano
- Mood Balancing - Carrot seed, cypress, geranium, lavender, marjoram, and ylang-ylang
- Anxiety - Bergamot, carrot seed, cedarwood, chamomile, sage, frankincense, geranium, lavender, neroli, rose, sandalwood and vetiver
- Uplifting - Sweet basil, bergamot, lemon, nutmeg, orange and oregano
- Stress Relief - Lavender, chamomile, rosewood, frankincense and jasmine
- Energizing - Sweet basil, white camphor, cassia bark, nutmeg, and thyme
About the Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace
- The locket pendant is lightweight yet large enough to offer an oil diffusing surface
- Includes a 24”, silver-plated chain
- The locket is easy to open
- Contains a pack of 5 highly absorbent, dime-sized pads that are easy to reuse
- Comes in a nice box, so it makes a perfect gift.
- Easy to wear and you can take it anywhere: the classroom, the office, visiting friends, traveling, or even just around the house.
We love sharing these tips with you! Want more?